Friday, July 6, 2012

Puddle Duck to Pool




As some of you know, I have two PDRacers.
Today, I thought I would take the tarp off them and make sure they are okay. Wow, my tarp has not been doing it's job... it is worn out! The Ducks were stacked one on top of the other. The blue Duck, the one on top, had about 4 inches of water standing in it. The poor think was pretty pitiful looking. Green and black stuff covering the whole thing.



It was built to keep water out, not in. The ply has started to delaminate in a couple of places. Okay, now what do I do with it? I had already wondered this because I didn't see myself ever sailing it again. Then I had a thought.... it's been really hot lately....and it does hold water very well. Hummmmmm, I got it! A pool! So today, it was decommissioned and took on the role of POOL!

I pulled it off the trailer, slid it to the backyard and began the clean up. When it was cleaned and leveled, I started the filling of my new pool. My neighbor's patio is just on the other side of my chain link fence, so I use the sail for privacy. Clever, huh?








Ahhhh, refreshing. I will enjoy it much more as a pool than a boat. I am planning a pool party this weekend, drop on by!

1 comment:

  1. When you get tired of the pool you could make:

    1. a great above-ground garden and grow some fall vegetables
    2. a sandbox for the grandkids complete with sail and pirate flag

    --Cathy

    ReplyDelete