Thursday, June 21, 2012

TX200...Paul's Mott to Seadrift

Friday June 15, 2012

Winds were high, but we flew both sails. I took us across San Antonio Bay. It was a short day, we arrived at Seadrift about 1:30 pm.

While I was standing around visiting with folks, Mike Beebe came and asked me if I wanted to take a ride in his paradox. Without hesitation, I said, "YES". I grabbed a paddle and climbed in. We paddled out of the marina, which was not a small feat. The winds were right on our nose and blowing hard. Once out, Mike raised the sail and I took the tiller. Mike was so nice to do this for me. He knew I was building one and thought it would inspire me to get my paradox finished. He was right.

There was a meal for us this evening, along with cases of donated Shiner beer. We were treated very well.

This year, there were 6 female folk that made the trip. We all had a great time and did not regret our decision to do it. I made many new friends and I plan to keep in touch with them all.

Cathy and Charlie

Rosa keeping the Sailor Jerry safe.


Awdree, Lindsey, Me and Brittany

I was asked many times if I would make the trip next year. My answer, yes... in TARDIS.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time and got a chance to sail a Paradox. Talk about inspiration for your own build! I'm hoping to start my Enigma this fall. I need to build a shed in my backyard first this summer.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete