Thursday, June 7, 2012

TX200 2012


This is a trip I have been wanting to take since I first heard about it in 2009. That year, I kept up with the Spot maps of a couple of people. In 2010, I went to Magnolia Beach and took s/v iDuck to sail the bay while waiting for all the boats to arrive at the beach. Everyone looked worn out from six days of sailing, but I decided I had to make this trip one year. This is my year. s/v TARDIS is not complete, so I decided to sign on as crew on someone else's boat. Charlie Jones graciously invited me to crew for him on s/v Traveler.

We are driving down to Port Isabel on Saturday. I know some of the participants, and I am anxious to meet the rest. This is a great group of people and I know this will be a trip to remember the rest of my life.

Okay... what to pack. Hummm, in the sun, heat, wind and splash.... all day. Camp out most nights... maybe one shower that week... Charlie might want to sit up wind of me, come about day 3. This will be a week free of makeup and hairdryer. Man, I feel sorry for Charlie, I won't have to look at me, but he will.

I will try to post along the way, but from what I understand, there is not much cell coverage. I am taking two cameras. One is waterproof, the other is not. And, of course, there will be a video made after it's all said and done.

Okay... back to packing. Bikini, ahhh, maybe not. Long sleeve shirts, long pants, sunglasses, hat... yeah, I got this.....

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment